27-Day Five Tibetan Rites Challenge
Five Tibetan Rites The 1st Rite The Spin How To
Five Tibetan Rites The 1st Rite The Spin. Speed up your energetic vortexes and integrate the qi within your body.
TIPS for the 1st Rite
- Always turn the right so you are turning clockwise.
- Let your eyes focus gently on everything that comes in your field of vision as you spin around. Do not try to move your point of focus. This tip comes from a dance instructor and really helps.
- If you get dizzy, do the spins more slowly and complete fewer repetitions.
- Place your hand on your hips and focus off in the distance when you finish.
HEALTH BENEFITS of the 1st Rite
From the yogic perspective, you are speeding up energetic vortexes. The idea is increased energy to improve internal functions.
From a TCM perspective, you are integrating energy from the lower, middle, and upper dantians, energy centers. This integration allows qi to flow smoothly throughout the body.
From a western perspective, you are integrating the left and right hemispheres of your brain as they take in multiple sources of information as you spin. You also strengthen your vestibular sensory network (information to the brain from your cerebellum and inner ear) as you work to keep your balance. The action also improves your gross muscle coordination.
Precautions for the Five Tibetan Rites
If you have had any of the following issues, you are advised to discuss your limitations and which modifications are best for you with your healthcare provider.
- You have reduced mobility or pain from an injury to or pain in your joints or muscles (e.g., knee, shoulder, wrists, neck, back, etc.)
- You have physical effects from an illness or other medical condition (e.g., glaucoma, vertigo, arthritis, ulcers, high or low blood pressure, etc.)
- You take any type of medication or supplement that may cause dizziness
If you have any of the above concerns, please share the instructional videos with your healthcare provider to discuss the best modifications for you.