Body type quiz information from Chinese medicine helps you understand your body. Moreover, this information enables you to be your healthiest self for a long and happy life.
Reading Time: 5 Minutes
Genetics and lifestyle choices reflected in your body type quiz
Your body type quiz shows you traits from inborn factors that begin at conception. Additionally, your lifestyle choices, or acquired factors, play a significant role. Therefore, you can understand your body type as the relationship between genetics and lifestyle.
For example, your genetics, which are set at conception, never change. However, environmental conditions and lifestyle choices can change. These changes are reflected in your body type quiz. To illustrate, factors such as seasonal changes, diet, exercise, stress, and living conditions play a role.
Your body type quiz results will allow you to feel less stress and have more energy.
- You will understand what foods are best for you to eat.
- Additionally, you will know which types of exercise and stress reduction techniques awaken innate healing for your body type.
- You will also know how to feel better by regulating your emotions and how you react to the environment.
What does the body type quiz show you?
Chiefly, in TCM, body type refers to your relatively stable physique, psychology, and physiological functions. Indeed, these characteristics determine your susceptibility to illness and disease. They can also determine if you have a strong immune system.
Let's start by looking at the big picture. Body type quiz results are first divided into two primary categories: normal, or healthy, and poor, or sickly.
A normal body type refers to someone with:
- Good physical strength
- A glowing complexion
- A healthy appetite
- Sound sleep
- Smooth urination and defecation
- A normal pulse
- Freedom from excess or deficiency of yin, yang, qi and blood.
Correspondingly, a poor body type means a tendency to suffer from deficiency or excess conditions.
Basically, these deficiency and excess conditions make up the different body types. The following are possible body type quiz results:
- Normal, or Neutral (Yin yang harmonious) (Not a poor health condition)
- Yin deficiency
- Yang deficiency
- Phlegm damp
- Qi deficiency
- Qi stagnation
- Blood stasis.
Below you will find a brief summary of the characteristics of each body type. You will also be able to link to articles with more details.
Above all, read on to understand your body type and learn how to care for yourself with patience and loving kindness.
Don't know your body type? Take the Body Type Quiz to discover yourself!
Balanced constitution body type quiz result
- Yin and yang harmonious
- Physically fit
- Emotionally stable
- Sleeps well
- Healthy appetite
- Healthy and heals quickly when sick or injured
- Radiant complexion
- Can easily adapt to their environment
- Learn more about a balanced constitution
- Sturdy body
- Dry mouth
- Often complains of a bitter taste in the mouth
- Sensitive to hot temperatures
- Prone to have acne on the face and neck
- Feels fatigue and heaviness in the body
- Aversion to warm and humid weather
- Prefers cold drinks
- Likely to be over assertive
- Tendency to feel angry is a body type quiz result for someone with a hot constitution
- Learn more about a hot constitution
- Has hot flushes in the chest and palms, even with a normal body temperature
- Frequent night sweats
- Tendency towards emaciation
- Problems with sense organs (To illustrate, ringing in the ears, dry eyes, dry throat)
- Often has freckles
- Dry stools and constipation (a question on the body type quiz)
- Aversion to hot and dry weather
- Unstable moods - can be in an excessive good mood sometimes and then broody and irritable
- Learn yin deficiency
Yang deficiency body type quiz result
- Sensitive to cold and wind
- Cold extremities in upper and lower body
- Haggard and pale
- Often listless
- Frequent joint pain
- Thinning hair
- Aversion to cold and humidity
- Often complains about cold hands and feet
- Often feels ill after eating cold food
- Anxious with a tendency to sadness
- Introverted and quiet
- Learn about yang deficiency
Phlegm damp constitution
- Tendency to be overweight
- Profuse phlegm in sinuses, chest, and elimination channels
- Tendency to high blood pressure, diabetes, gynecological diseases
- Easily fatigued and drained of energy
- Bloated (just one of many body type quiz questions)
- Sensitive to damp weather
- Prone to sebum secretions on the face and head
- Often craves food high in fat and sugar
- Learn more about a phlegm damp body type
Qi deficiency body type quiz result
- Pale or sallow complexion
- Often breathless
- Catches colds easily
- Sensitive to changing temperatures
- Weak immune system
- Easily fatigued - sweats easily with little physical activity
- Usually takes a longer time to recover from illness
- Feelings of uneasiness
- Overthinking and worry are common
- Learn more about a qi deficiency constitution
- Fragile emotions
- Feeling like you have a lump in your throat
- Body pain
- Digestion problems
- Irregular menstruation
- Dysmenorrhea (not having your period)
- Light red tongue with a thin white coating
- Wiry pulse
- Learn more about a qi stagnation body type quiz result
Blood stasis body constitution
- Cannot tolerate cold or windy weather
- Dry, itchy, rough skin
- Dull complexion
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Thin, visible find blood vessels in the eyes
- Either overweight or very skinny
- Frequently bruised from unknown causes
- Prone to abnormal growths in the body
- Prone to forgetfulness