12-Day Reset and Ignite Challenge
Qigong to Refine the Senses
Qigong to Refine the Senses. By connecting with vital qi energy and removing yourself from judgment and attachment, you have the potential to realize your potential. Through clarity and focus on the senses, you also release grief and loss. A helpful guide is the Dao De Jing. The Dao De Jing is the original source text for the religion and ideas of Daoism. Chapter 10 poses three questions that help you begin to see the self as whole and in the present moment.
- Can you embrace your spirit and hold your body as one without separation?
- Can you gather your qi gently like a baby?
- Can you clarify your subtle vision and not be jaded?
The chapter ends by advising you to “create and foster, create and not possess, act without dependence, lead but don’t rule. This is called subtle virtue.”
Some other ways to think about what the Dao De Jing is saying are as follows.
- Can you embrace the mind and the body? Can you integrate them as one?
- Can you gather your qi but not hold and control it? Can you gather it in gently?
- Can you refine your senses and not be jaded, not apply judgment to the information that comes in?
When you refine your senses, you open possibilities for creating, being generative, and living in abundance. You also can use these gifts, your qi, your life force, wisely in a way that doesn’t command and control.
This qigong flow starts the process of refining the senses and engaging the emotions. In the process, you will create transformations in your body, your channels, yourself, thereby increasing your potential and becoming more of who your ought to be.