Eight Pieces of Silk Brocade Qigong
Moving Hands Down the Legs
Moving Hands Down the Legs is the seventh form in the 8 Pieces of Brocade qigong flow. This movements improves spinal flexibility and opens channels of energy at the back of the legs. You also bring blood flow to the head to refresh mental clarity.
1. Don’t compress your lower back. Lift up as you bend back.
2. Gaze up to the sky as you press back.
3. Really picture yourself sweeping stagnant Qi down your legs and into the earth. Release this stale, blocked Qi.
4. Let gravity pull you down as you hang your head.
5. Imagine your hands pulling fresh Qi up your legs and into your body when you inhale up.