27-Day Five Tibetan Rites Challenge
27-Day Five Tibetan Rites Challenge | Five Tibetan Rites The 2nd Rite The Leg Raise How ToGet Access Now
Or Sign In to continue
Five Tibetan Rites The 2nd Rite The Leg Raise How To
TIPS for the 2nd Rite
- Press your lower back firmly into the floor. If your lower back comes up as you lower your legs, bend them to keep the lower back down.
- If you cannot straighten your legs, it’s okay to keep them bent.
- Breathe for the entire time it takes you to raise the legs, and exhale for the time it takes you to lower the legs. If controlling your breath is too difficult, breathe gently through your nose.
- If your neck gets tired first, simply keep your head on the ground.
- You may feel more comfortable if you place your hands beneath your hips.
HEALTH BENEFITS of the 2nd Rite
From the yogic perspective, the 2nd Rite continues to speed up the movement of your vortexes.
From a TCM perspective, anytime you work your lower abdomen, you are strengthening the movement of qi through the lower dantian. You are also stimulating meridian points along the neck and spine, improving the flow of blood and qi in your body. Lifting and lowering your legs further enhances the movement of blood and qi by releasing blockages.
From a western perspective, you are strengthening your core muscles along the front and back of your body. You also strengthen your hip flexors and other large muscles in your legs and glutes. Finally, you also strengthen muscles in your neck and along your jawline.